Dec 14, 2017

Liens and Titles and Deeds, Oh My

I've got a new column on Candy's Dirt. check it out -

Liens and Titles and Deeds, Oh My

I’m Lydia Blair (formerly Lydia Player) and I bring more than a dozen years of real estate experience to the CandysDirt.com team. When it comes to the title business, I’ve been down the closing path many (many, many, …) times. However, I’m not an attorney. And I don’t play one on TV – or anywhere else. So, you won’t just get the inside scoop from me. Each week we’ll go straight to the experts, the best title minds in the Texas title business to answer your questions and shine some light on the inner workings of the industry. Got questions? Fire away! Lydia@candysdirt.com.
To kick off this first column, I’ve got dirt.

I’m off at the 27th annual Texas Land Title Institute in San Antonio this week, where I’ll bring you all the latest news. This year’s sold out conference includes Dawn Moore of Allegiance Title in Dallas, speaking about a topic we all love to hate: homeowners associations or HOA’s. Dallas’ Paul McNutt of Title Resources Guaranty Company will be teaching a doc prep class on survey issues. Registered Dallas folks at the conference include Steve Holley with Republic Title, Tracy McMahon of Capital Title, Joe Theriot with Lawyers Title, Bill Woodall of Chicago Title, along with several DFW professionals and attornies who will be instructing,

We may skip the specifics of the Home Equity Lending class – yawn. But you can be sure, I’ll relay any important details about the new Power of Attorney rules and how the industry expects the remote closing process to make waves in the next year. Just as real estate brokerages, mortgage companies and the entire real estate industry is undergoing changes, so is the title business. The changes we’ll be hearing about this week will be sure to have a ripple effect that will be felt by Realtors, buyers and sellers. We’ll see what the experts say about how strong and fast those waves of change will be hitting us.

On a lighter note – If you’re wondering how the conventioneers of a title industry event like to have fun, oh baby. Look for my boots-on-the-ground report from the “Parties in Possession” class. It could be entertaining, and I promise to keep the boots on!

Liens and Titles and Deeds, Oh My

No comments: